Silicon Motion Announces World's First Turnkey Merchant SATA 6Gb/s SSD Controller Supporting 3D NAND
The market for client SSDs is increasingly more competitive and the use of 3D NAND with turnkey controller solutions will quickly enable SSD OEMs to bring to market high-performance SSDs using the industry's most cost-effective 3D NAND.
"SM2246EN is the world's leading merchant SATA 6Gb/s controller for client SSDs today," said
"3D NAND will drive faster adoption of client SSDs by consumers and corporate clients," said
Key features for SM2246EN with IMFT 3D MLC NAND solution include:
- Ultra high sequential read performance of up to 540 MB/s and sequential write of up to 410 MB/s
- Delivers up to 80,000 random read IOPS and up to 75,000 random write IOPS
- Supports SSD densities up to two terabytes
- Supports ONFI 3.x, Toggle 2.0 and asynchronous NAND
- Proprietary, configurable ECC engine allows for consistent data throughput and performance throughout the entire SSD lifecycle
- Ideally suited for client SSDs targeting ultrabooks, laptops, tablets and HDD replacement
- Incorporates the latest security protocols and is
AES256, Trusted Computing Group(TCG) and Opal full-drive encryption compliant
- Supports both commercial (0 degrees Celsius to 70 degrees Celsius) and industrial grade (-40 degrees Celsius to 85 degrees Celsius) requirements.
For more information on
We are a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets high performance, low-power semiconductor solutions to OEMs and other customers in the mobile storage and mobile communications markets. For the mobile storage market, our key products are microcontrollers used in solid state storage devices such as SSDs, eMMCs and other embedded flash applications, as well as removable storage products. For the mobile communications market, our key products are handset transceivers and mobile TV IC solutions. Our products are widely used in smartphones, tablets, and industrial and commercial applications. For further information on
Tel: +886 2 2219 6688 x3010
Sales & Marketing Communications Contact:
VP/GM SMI U.S.A.
Tel: +1 408 519 7219
Director of IR and Strategy
Tel: +1 408 519 7259
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/silicon-motion-announces-worlds-first-turnkey-merchant-sata-6gbs-ssd-controller-supporting-3d-nand-300200131.html