Silicon Motion Announces New Dual-Mode Enterprise Class SSD Controller Solution at 2018 Flash Memory Summit
The dual-mode SM2270 is a complete SSD controller solution with customer specific or turnkey firmware that can support Open Channel storage implementations as well as standard NVMe protocols. In either mode, the SM2270 management technology enables ultra-high performance, guaranteed low latency, and more efficient use of storage capacity in high density, multi-tenant data center applications.
The controller specifications include:
- PCIe Gen 3 x 8 lanes, supporting standard NVMe 1.3 protocols
- Support Open Channel implementations such as the Microsoft Denali pre-standard
- 16 NAND flash channels and SSD capacity up to 16TB
- Powerful triple dual-core Arm® Cortex®-R5-based architecture for high data throughput
- Up to 800,000 IOPS in 4KB random read operation
- Support the latest 3D NAND, including 96-layer TLC and QLC flash, from all major NAND manufacturers.
In addition, the SM2270 ensures reliable, long-term data storage and retrieval, even in extreme operating conditions by incorporating advanced NAND monitoring and protection technologies including:
- Power Loss Protection, which eliminates the risk of data loss in the event of an unexpected power outage.
- The 6th generation NANDXtend™ technology, which incorporates machine learning algorithms supporting
Silicon Motion'sproprietary high-performance LDPC error correction code (ECC) engine with RAID, ensuring better data integrity even in extreme operating environments.
- End-to-end data path protection, which applies ECC to the SSD's
SRAMand DRAM buffers as well as to the primary NAND flash memory array. This maintains the integrity of every bit of data as it is transmitted between the host and the SSD, and between buffer memories and NAND flash.
"The SM2270 is the world's first PCIe SSD controller that supports standard NVMe and Open Channel technology to be available in production. It draws on
The SM2270 is available and in production now. It will be on display at the
We are the global leader in supplying NAND flash controllers for solid state storage devices and the merchant leader in supplying SSD controllers. We have the broadest portfolio of controller technologies and our controllers are widely used in embedded storage products such as SSDs and eMMCs, which are found in smartphones, PCs, commercial and industrial applications. We ship over 700 million NAND controllers annually and have shipped over five billion NAND controllers in the last ten years, more than any other company in the world. We also supply specialized high-performance hyperscale data center and industrial SSD solutions. Our customers include most of the NAND flash vendors, storage device module makers, and leading OEMs. For further information on Silicon Motion, visit us at www.siliconmotion.com.
Corporate Media Contact:
Tel: +886 2 2219 6688 x3010
Sales & Marketing Communications Contact:
Tel: +1 408 519 7219
Senior Director of IR and Strategy
Tel: +1 408 519 7258
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/silicon-motion-announces-new-dual-mode-enterprise-class-ssd-controller-solution-at-2018-flash-memory-summit-300692943.html